Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dallas again.

It seems my review of Dallas seemed a bit harsh to some people. Obviously these are the people who think Dallas is the epitome of civilization. Allow me to state my position.

We lived in the Dallas suburbs (Irving) when I was a high school freshman. Dallas and its environs had potential, growth, opportunity, and even a mystique about it. The magic went on for 40 years and I kept returning to Dallas as my center in between coasts.

But over time, the metropolitan cities along with Dallas have succeeded in turning the entire area into:

Los Angeles

Not Newport Beach. Not Hollywood. Not even Long Beach. Just Los Angeles.

99.9% of the people I know there are wonderful. I have no complaints about Dallas' basic humanity. I just don't like 'the place'. I feel like I'm visiting an empty warehouse.

So for those of you who took umbrage at my being "over it", get over it. You live in a place that might be perfect for you, but it doesn't suit me any more.

1 comment:

TheTravelAngel said...

Dallas World aquarium is a good place for fun and travel. Our trip to the aquarium was crowded but we never had to wait in a line. It was a very good way to spend 2 and half hours.


. Angel

Who else wants to quit their job & try a travel job in the world? Get travel jobs in any country and on every continent by claiming this free DVD. Get started today.