Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Idaho panhandle to BooBoo Bear.

Another short day. Idaho panhandle to Yellowstone National Park. I'm not in the park quite yet. I'm in Gardiner, MT. The google map for this place is bigger than the place!

When I was in WA yesterday, I stopped at a rest area and said a brief hello to a bunch of guys with MCs. Two were riding, Three were in a small pickup with a pair of cruisers in the back. The pickup probably handled REALLY badly because it was dragging ass down the freeway. The two riders were older. One on an early 70s R75 and the other on a CX500 (of whatever year you choose).

Guess who I ran into today at a rest stop in MT? Yup, all of them. We chatted bikes for a while. Seems like a couple of them are retired now and getting back into the "fun" thing (their words). I hope they do well. I gave them my card. We'll see if they contact me.

Speeds were interesting today. MT has a posted 75 mph limit so I ran 84 on gps most of the day. That got a little interesting in the eastern Idaho and western MT mountains where the trucks were doing 25 uphill in the curves. I hadda bend it like Beckham a couple of times, but nothing truly scary.

Here are today's pics with commentary:


This guy keeps his trailer shiny.


Gratuitous data shot.


Into western Montana


Over the shoulder into eastern Idaho


More western Montana on I-90






And the run-up to Yellowstone. About 30 miles from the north entrance.

No comments: