Saturday, June 14, 2008

The update

This might be a little sloppy. Using a strange laptop and I took my sleepy time pill.

Got a phone call from the SCCA allo team with a schedule. Looks like August 4 is when they'll drop the bomb.

3 weeks prior to that is when they prep me for the fall. Point being, after August 4 I'll be a boy with no immune system and no energy. Life will suck for a while.

But Ed will be stuck in Canada because he'll have no valid US visa. Yeah, that sucks because I'll be dying on one side of the border and he won't be able to cross.

Yeah, we're doing paperwork about that right now, but in the mean time, we're calling on all of our connections, friends, volunteers to do what they can.

We're not worried. We have PEOPLE. Good people who will contribute what they can simply because they're our people.

No, I'm not talking about money or food. I'm talkin' about the kinda folk that come over and wipe your face and drive you to the hospital. We have those people and I really consider us lucky. Our friends are the best.

Yeah, this is sloppy/rambly. I hope you get the point. If you're gonna volunteer to look in on a crotchety old grouch, just let us know.

No comments: