Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a day!

The simple story. Words and pictures.

I entered Yellowstone National Park at the north entrance. There were bison within the first mile. Then it rained. Then it snowed. Then it hailed. Then the sun shone and I went to go see Old Faithful. It was.

Since I wanted to see the whole park, I elected to go back north to my original entrance and take the other side of the loop back down to the east. Some time into the voyage, I was reminded of the hail, the snow, and the rain. The temperature was 34F so I turned around again and went beyond Old Faithful on the western side of the loop. Temps rose into the 40's.

I saw moose, elk being stalked by wolves, lots of interesting birds, and the aforementioned bison. I also saw some of the most breathtaking scenery on the planet.

Spectacular is an overused term..... but today was truly spectacular in every sense. How many places are there in the world where you can cross the continental divide 3 times and the 45th parallel in the same day while seeing wildlife and majesty?

I'm in Jackson Hole, WY right now.










Old tourists:


Old snoozy:


Old Faithful:
























No comments: